Monday 11 June 2012

Caldari & Amarr Frigate V

Quite some time ago now I chose to round out my racial frigate skills by getting both Caldari & Amarr frigate to V. The main rationale for this was to access the Hawk & Vengeance as I'm unable to use lasers or hybrids.

The Hawk & Vengeance pair very well with my skills follwing the completion of the Rifter plan as I maxed my unguided missile skills. It shows to me how long ago I did this as it was prior to the Assault Frigate buff.

In addition to the Vengeance & Hawk I'd also acquired a Caldari Navy Hookbill. At the time I really fancied flying the Hookbill, sadly though that desire has waned now before I've even undocked.

So it was that I bought myself a couple of Hawks and fitted up my Hookbill. Typically once I'd got the ships & fittings in Hevrice the Assault Frigate buff had been delivered too and my loadouts were somewhat sub-optimal. I'd thrown a Merlin into the mix too as I'd had some close fights with them and fancied tring one myself.

Here's the loadouts I've ended up with, I consider them highly developmental so please bear that in mind:

Raven Guard, my Hawk:

Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Rocket Launcher II, Trauma Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Trauma Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Trauma Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Trauma Rage Rocket
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Barrage S

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Kirith spits out 253dps in this little machine and it rolls with over 9k ehp.


Pookie, my Vengeance

[Vengeance, Pookie]
Ballistic Control System II
F85 Peripheral Damage System I
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Small Armor Repairer II

X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
1MN Afterburner II
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Rocket Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Mjolnir Rage Rocket
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Kirith spits out 212dps in this tough nut, again over 9k ehp but this time with an active tank that can perma run without the neut.

I've lost the first of each now and would have to say that I vastly prefer the Vengeance even if it is a bit on the slow side. I've never been much of a speed demon anways. Any tips or critique?

5 comments:

  1. Personally, I prefer having a Meta4 Warp Disruptor over the Scrambler on the Hawk - it lets you hang around 13-14km and still be able to hit them with Faction Rockets. Admittedly, this doesn't sound like much, but it lets you do stuff like this:

    http://tuskers.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13279729

    Can't say much about the Vengeance except that fitting a nos means you can hunt Hurricanes, Ruptures & anti-frigate Cruisers with a good chance to kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the Hawk with a Gistii B-Type Small Shield Booster or better. You'll not want to fly another assault ship after having tasted its unparalleled staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loadouts look pretty solid. Similar to both my AB Hawk and Vengeance fits. I use 2 EM rigs on my hawk, and a Themic Plating on the Vengeance.

    MWD Vengeance is my favourite AF at the moment. But I have got to stop losing them trying to kill shield canes and cynabals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I prefer to fit a thermic plating rather than the 200mm plate on my vengeance. I also use a nos. Currently your fit has a notable (not large, but notable) thermal hole in comparison to it's other resists. This means that minmatar pilots who will automatically load plasma to fight t2 amarr will be hitting exactly the resist hole they want to. The nos also allows for more or less cap stable repping, and some defense against neuting.

    Hope this helps some :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sulei, like the sound of that idea. Thanks.

    Dax, I have an aversion to attaching faction modules to my ships, perhaps on the next one I'll give it a go.

    Thanks for for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete