Saturday 7 July 2012

Dr Thermaplugg

Bought myself a neut Abaddon recently. Why is probably the questions that comes to mind, rightly so too I'd imagine.

For starters I can't even use small lasers, let alone large ones and that's before we entertain Tech 2. I have Amarr Battleship trained only to level 3 which is totally sub-optimal to get the most out of one of these behemoths.

So based on what I have said so far we can determine that I'm not going to be performing feats of heroism or great dps magic in it!

What then? I bought this mainly because previously when Tuskers have fought a carrier, the call for neuts goes out. Wanting to be able to provide whatever a given fleet needs  I furnished my hangar with one ready for the fabled "next time".

Admittedly I've only ever been online for two Tusker carrier kills and in both of those I was in a Frigate as they were quite a long time ago. Obviously my repetoire of ships I can fly has increased dramatically since those times, however now I can be certain that if that call for neuts goes out I can answer. You can probably now guarantee that when it does I'll be asked for a dps ship. Well, assuming I'm online anyways.

Here's the fit:

1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Damage Control II

Ship Scanner II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Conjunctive Radar ECCM Scanning Array I

Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Egress Port Maximizer I
Large Egress Port Maximizer I
Large Egress Port Maximizer I

Vespa EC-600 x5
Hobgoblin II x5

2 comments:

  1. Why not an Ashimmu or Curse for smaller, more dedicated options? Or a Bhaalgorn since you're space rich. ;:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's part about being willing to make a skillpoint investment at the moment into something which will get little use. The Ashimmu from memory uses lasers and the Curse would require Amarr Cruiser V along with Recons being trained to a decent level.

    Bhaalgorn, well for something that may never be used seem like overkill and my skills probably wouldn't get the best out of it.

    Who says I'm space rich anyways? Especially not after spending heaps on a small gaggle of Capitals.

    ReplyDelete