Saturday 5 November 2011

Learning: POS Passwords

For the first time in my EVE career I recently came upon an occasion where I needed to warp to a POS, through the POS shield itself. I was a member of a substantial fleet. Upon undocking the fleet commander gave the fleet members a POS password and instructed the fleet to warp to a designated pilot within the POS. It was reaffirmed that the password should be entered before entering warp.

Now I’m not sure if I was the only one, but I had no idea where I was supposed to enter the password. The rest of the fleet were warping off. Should I potentially make a fool of myself and ask over fleet comms? I certainly didn’t want to. Holding off entering warp whilst feverishly asking in corp. channels where I should enter this password. Thankfully a corpmate piped up saying that I should right click my capacitor and choose the option for entering the POS password.

So simple, yet I didn’t know. I felt that if I didn’t know then I should share the information with those of you out there that don’t know either.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, my first experience with this was not too long ago. I found it very unintuitive. I couldn't say where else CCP could put the option so it makes more sense... it's just odd the way it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same when I did my first titan jump, erm, except I didn't technically do the jump ..... as I was wondering what to do. :p SO I know that feeling.

    MB.

    ReplyDelete